Safety & Product Use Tips
Please review these important safety and use tips before using the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc.
- ALWAYS wear goggles, work gloves, a dust mask, protective clothing and hearing protection.
- DO NOT exceed 4,000 rpm disc speed.
- DO NOT use the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc on edges or raised surfaces.
- DO NOT clean bolts, nuts, rivets or heavily pitted surfaces.
- DO NOT move the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc across raised welds, welded seam sections or over holes in the surface area.
- NEVER operate the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc from a lower surface going up and over an edge to a higher surface.
- DO NOT operate the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc on a diamond plate surface.
- DO NOT use the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc on an electric drill with a "hammer" feature that is engaged. Disengage the "hammer" feature prior to use.
- DO NOT use the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc to clean precision mating surfaces such as cylinder heads and cylinder blocks.
Important Use Tips
- The use of all Tercoo® products is solely at the risk of the purchaser and/ or operator. Tercoo® , Tercoo® America and all distributors of Tercoo® products do not accept any liability for personal injury or consequential damages. Damage to any object on which a Tercoo® product is used is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and/or operator.
- The Tercoo® rotating blaster disc(s) work best if moved in a slightly elliptical motion when going back and forth across the work surface
- The Tercoo® SINGLE rotating blaster disc will work in contoured areas. Slow your power source down to approximately 1,000 - 1,250 rpm. This will reduce the centrifugal force and allow the disc to flex and clean without chattering.
- If a hole exists on the work surface, then the rotating blaster disc should be used to work up to and around the hole. Using a Tercoo® DOUBLE or TRIPLE it may be possible to go over a small hole using very light pressure.
- Mount the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc in the power source as directed by the literature supplied by the tool manufacturer.
- The Tercoo® rotating blaster disc should always be used at a 90° angle relative to the work surface.
- Apply minimal pressure to the work surface. More pressure = more wear which will reduce the life of the rotating blaster disc(s).
- If there is a seam or weld on the work surface then the rotating blaster disc should be moved in a direction parallel to the weld or seam without crossing the weld or seam perpendicularly.
- Where two plates overlap creating an edge, assuming you are properly using the Tercoo® rotating blaster disc(s) in a CLOCKWISE direction, you can move the disc(s) from the higher area to the lower area, but NEVER from lower area to the higher area.